Sunday, October 10, 2010

12 weeks.

I'm a day late, but we are now in week 12 of pregnancy! We went to our 12 week appointment on Friday and I could have watched Sweetpea all day if they would have let us. After a few minutes of our ultrasound tech explaining different things she was measuring and looking for, she started to take still shots of different parts of the body and Sweetpea woke up to say "hello"! I cannot explain the joy of seeing our child start kicking, punching, and squirming around! It was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen :) Everything they look for at 12 weeks looked great according to the doctor, and Sweetpea's heart rate was 161!
After the ultrasound, I had my finger pricked, got a flu shot, and had lab-work drawn at the endocrinologist's office. I would leave out those details but I was so proud of myself for doing all that in one day because of my weakness to needles.
On a side note, my sickness is almost completely gone.. just some queasiness at night and some mornings. I could not have gone through these past 8 weeks of all day sickness without my sweet husband, who took care of me and managed our home as a 2nd full-time job. Sweetpea has an amazing father!
Last but not least, pictures:

My "bump" is more noticeable than these pictures give justice to..

More updates for Team Wilson next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment