Saturday, October 2, 2010

11 weeks!

29 weeks to go! Okay, so maybe it is a little too early to count down.. I'll just count up for now.

As I write this week's post, I must admit I have no idea what to say. It is really hard to believe that I am already 11 weeks into this pregnancy- almost through the first trimester! This time has flown by so fast!
Our baby has gone from being a ball of cells to becoming a fetus with most vital organs in place and starting to function. Our Sweetpea is kicking and stretching alot now but I can't feel it yet, and even has tiny details like fingernails, hair, and tooth buds coming in already! I am in love with every detail of our growing child, and I am so thankful for the medical advancements today that allow me to picture week by week how the Lord is knitting this sweet baby together in my womb.
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." -Psalm 139:13-16
Next Friday (October 8) is our 12 week appointment and I cannot wait! We will get to see our baby and hear that precious heartbeat again :) At our 8 week appointment Sweetpea's heartbeat was 138 bpm- the old wives tale says we will be having a girl...we shall see if that is true for us hopefully in 5-6 weeks!
I will post a "baby bump" picture next week...
Until then.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment