Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dear Connor, welcome to our team!

Dear Connor Stephen,

I'm sorry it has taken me this long to write about you. Our lives have been so full since you joined us!  You came into this world on my 28th birthday, and by far the sweetest gift I have or will ever receive. Sharing a birthday with you will remind me year after year that you are indeed a gift- given to your daddy and me by God.
Even in your first hours of life, it was obvious how much you look like your big brother Bryce. Just a pound smaller- but all of the same features. It is fun to see your personality now, and how very opposite it is of your brother's. You are an observer- quiet and full of love. You are so entertained by watching your brother. Sometimes we forget you are in the room because you are so content. I have to provoke you by starvation to ever hear your cry ( that or Bryce torturing you). When people ask me what you are like, I instinctively say that you are "so sweet". It may sound generic, but there are no truer words.
Somehow, you are already 6 months old. This momma is sad that the time is going so fast. A few details for memory's sake:
- you have a unique marker (simians crease) on your hand. Your great grandmother Norma Harrell shares it with you. I am so thankful that we discovered this before she went to be with Jesus.
- you love your Jumperoo, bath time, and your brother
- you are currently in 6-12 month clothes, size 3 diaper
- you had your first food, butternut squash, this week and loved it!
- you are the bedtime police.. You go down like clockwork at the sme time every night. (Was 8 pm but now 7 with the time change)
- you were Woody for your first Halloween ( your big brother was Buzz Lightyear)


We love everything about you little one- welcome to our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment