So, I keep telling myself to write a post on things I love so much that I'd be willing to write a personal thank you to their manufacturers. Baby gadgets that I cannot imagine going without! Maybe this will help another future mom out there..here's my TOP 5. When Bryce gets older I will add to the list (we have only scratched the surface of the things we will need and use)
5. Diaper Pail: with our bedrooms upstairs, it could have been a pain to throw away diapers downstairs and take the trash out so frequently. The diaper pail in the nursery holds nearly a week's worth of diapers before we take them out. And no smelly nursery :)
4. Microwave steam bottle sterilizer: It only takes a few minutes for me to have peace of mind that there is no bacteria, etc. on Bryce's bottles and paci's. I question how sanitized they get in the dishwasher so really loving this gift we received.
3. aden+anais swaddle blankets : Okay, so Bryce has never been a swaddle baby. He could wiggle out of the tightest swaddle. But, these blankets are perfect for swaddling, and everyday use blankets. I've used them as rain and sun covers on his car seat, naptime blanket, and to cover with while breastfeeding. They do not change a bit when washed, are super soft, and lightweight which is great in the summer. They are pricier than most other swaddles but well worth getting a 3-pack!
2. BUMBO chair: So thankful for this cheap looking, but couldn't serve its purpose better, gadget! I heard mixed opinions about using these, as some moms believe it is used too much as a babysitter when they should be playing, etc.. Well, I am very thankful for this babysitter! I am totally okay with Bryce enjoying Dinosaur Train for 15 minutes while I do dishes or fold laundry. He can't sit up yet, but absolutely loves to be sitting up. He also hasn't mastered napping more than 30 minutes so I need a few extra to get things done.
1. Baby Trend Snap-n-Go stroller : By far the best thing we have right now! We opted to buy this instead of the bulky travel systems you can get with the infant car seats. It is lightweight, I can get it out of the car and unfold it with one hand, and the car seat sits right on the frame. Bryce can be sound asleep in his car seat, and I don't have to wake him when we get out of the car. It is very easy to maneuver, and it even has a basket in the bottom and two drink holders.
*LOVE our Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat. We bought an extra base- so easy to ride in my car or Daniel's without moving the carseat back and forth. Money well spent!
*Don't know what I would do without Pampers Swaddlers diapers! We've tried them all and thse are the only ones that don't leak on us, especially at night. We have never had a leak at night with them, even after 12 hours! Even other Pampers have leaked..
*Definitely worth the money- our Summer Infant video monitor. Talk about peace of mind! I can scan the video to watch him playing in the floor too. LOVE IT!
(For pricey items I justified it by using 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby. We did this for the cr seat, stroller, video monitor, and breastpump. )
Hope this list helps someone!